Details of our recently refurbished cottage close to the Tay at Grandtully
The cottage is well equipped and decorated to a high standard
- Free Broadband and Wi-fi
- One double bedroom with super-king size bed (easily convertible to two single beds) with newly created shower room en-suite
- One twin bedroom
- Bathroom with shower over bath
- Spacious lounge with sofas and dining table & chairs
- Kitchen with additional table and chairs
- Gas central heating
- Automatic washing machine and tumble drier
- Oven, hob and microwave oven
- FreeSat TV
- High chair
- Quality bed linen and towels
- Private garden area to front and rear
- Off-street parking for one car (the property is in a quiet crescent where an additional car can easily be parked at the gate)
The property is available for holiday lettings on the following terms and conditions:
Letting Period and Charges
- Weekly lettings run from 3.00 p.m. on a Friday until 10.30 a.m. on the following Friday. The charge for a weekly letting is £620
- Weekend lettings run from 3.00 p.m. on a Friday until 10.30 a.m. on the following Monday. The charge for a weekend letting is £360
- Mid-week lettings run from 3.00 p.m. on a Monday until 10.30 a.m. on the following Friday. The charge for a mid-week letting is £360
Making a Booking
- Visitors wishing to make a booking should apply by email through this website and make the payment which is required (i.e. the full amount if booking within five weeks of the check-in time, or a deposit of 25% if booking earlier). Once an email has been issued by the proprietors accepting the booking, and advising when the balance of the charges (if any) will be payable, there will be a binding contract between the parties.
- If any visitor cancels the booking within two weeks of the check-in time, there will be no refund. If more than two weeks but less than five weeks, there will be a refund of 50% of the amount paid. If more than five weeks, the deposit will not be refunded.
- All payments will be made in the manner specified in this website.
- Arrangements for taking access to the property will be described in the email accepting the booking.
- All visitors are required (a) to comply with the Instructions within the property for the use of appliances; (b) not to cause damage to the property or its contents; (c) not to do anything within or around the property which causes a nuisance to neighbours; (d) not to bring any animal into the property or its garden; (e) not to smoke, or allow anyone else to smoke in the property; and (f) to leave the property (including all crockery, cutlery and appliances) in a clean and tidy state at the end of their stay.
- The proprietors will have no liability for the visitors’ personal possessions, or for injury or loss, in or around the property. This does not exclude or limit in any way any liability caused by the proprietors’ negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation for which it would be illegal to exclude or limit, or attempt to exclude or limit, liability.
- Any problems or complaints must be raised by the proprietors with the visitors or by the visitors with the proprietors as soon as practicably possible, and any matter which cannot be resolved in the course of the visitor’s stay must be raised by writing or email within fourteen days of the end of the booking.
- The visitor may not transfer the booking, or the rights and responsibilities under the booking contract, to any other person without the consent in writing of the proprietors.